Flair Beauty College ,Valenica, California was awarded “The Best Cosmetology in 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 by the Los Angeles Daily News Reader Chose Magazine
Learn how to set a course for your life.
If you are considering cosmetology instructor as a future career; instructing students who possess the academic, experiential and professional qualifications to teach, must hold a Current California Cosmetology License, Diploma or GED, including a minimum of three years of experience or education/training in current practices of the subject area they are teaching. If an instructor does not possess the required three years of experience, education and training in the subject area they are teaching, the institution shall document the qualifications the instructor possesses that are equivalent to the minimum qualifications in order to obtain a teaching certificate .
A- Each instructor shall maintain their knowledge by completing continuing education courses in his or her subject area, classroom management or other courses related to teaching.
B-The institution shall not employ or continue to employ an instructor who was adjudicated in a judicial or administrative proceeding as having violated any provision of the Act or this chapter, or as having committed any act that would constitute grounds for the denial of a license under Section 480 of the Business and Professions Code.
(Closed Sunday & Monday)
Starting a new class session depends on amount of students enrolled
(8:30 to 2:30 = 20 Weeks Period to Complete)
(8:30 to 5:00 = 15 Weeks Period to Complete)
Cosmetology Instructor Curriculum (600 Hours)
- The instructor students will learn by using lecture, visual aids, quiz games, guest speakers, competitions, etc., in presenting the course materials.
- Instructor programs require students to take an instructional practicum that provides direct hands-on experience teaching cosmetology students.
- The practicum can be beneficial in helping students to practice instructional theories and principles, as well as lesson planning in multiple areas including hair care or nail care.
- Additionally, students may want to find programs that are known for high-quality learning labs equipped with multiple manicure, pedicure and hairstyling stations.
- Since cosmetology licensing varies state by state programs often contain coursework that is regionally relevant with regard to rules and regulations.
- Students learn about sterilization and sanitation methods required by the state requirements.
- They study education in terms of how students learn and become motivated.
- This course is designed to help, prepare & train none License cosmetology students to successfully pass the state board test.
Note BPPE Authority cited: Sections 94803, 94877 and 94885, Education Code. Reference: Section 94885, Education Code; and Section 480, Business and Professions Code.
As a qualified instructor, you can work in a cosmetology school teaching all aspects in the field, hair, esthetics and manicuring. You will not only be required to instruct on practical applications, but classroom instruction as well. Major beauty manufacturers are known to hire instructors to train their sales and technical staff. If you are looking to be in the limelight, work as a lead platform artist instructing stylist!
Educational Goals: Performance Objective The objective of the course is to develop in the licensed cosmetologist, the teaching skill, theoretical knowledge and professional attitude necessary for success in the profession of cosmetology educator.
25-1194 Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary